The Alpine Living Nativity is a charity organization where we put on a “living” nativity scene. There is a walk through Bethlehem city, live animals, the 3 wise men, baby Jesus, and complimentary Hot Chocolate to accompany you on your journey back to your car.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the event is outdoor! There is quite a bit of walking involved so we recommend wearing winter boots that you don’t mind getting a little dirty. There is a section of the nativity that is inside a barn but the majority being outside. PLEASE dress appropriately for the weather.
What we recommend:
- Winter boots you don’t mind getting a little dirty
- Jeans/ thermals
- Warm WINTER coat
- Hand warmers
The nativity takes place in a barn yard with dirt paths, but it is possible to get a wheelchair through the event! We have designated drivers that can help transport you through the tougher terrain on a side by side so when you arrive please ask one of our volunteers for assistance 🙂
The nativity takes place in a barn yard with dirt paths, but it is possible to get a stroller through. Depending on the weather the path may be muddy or uneven.
By purchasing a ticket you are already donating and giving back to our cause, but we always welcome more donations from those who are willing! At the event we have cash donation buckets as well as an event Venmo account that you can donate additional funds to!
The average time it takes a small group to go through is about an hour and a half from the time you park the car all the way to the end. Although depending on weather or the day, the time may be longer.
Children 2 and under do not need a ticket to enter the nativity.
The hot chocolate served at the end of the nativity is complimentary to keep you nice and warm on your walk back to your car 🙂
All of the profit from ticket sales go to the different charities we donate to, so by purchasing a ticket you are already giving back to our cause. We wanted to make this a very affordable and fun event for families of all shapes and sizes which is why we haven’t raised the price. Although, the value and experience you get is WAY MORE than just $5! 🙂
Note: we understand that there may be some people who genuinely can’t afford a $5 ticket. If you would like some assistance for your family to attend the Living Nativity please reach out to email@example.com
The Alpine Living Nativity is a 100% VOLUNTEER organization, and 97% of all money donated goes directly into the hands of charity organizations. The other 3% is used for small maintenance and updates to keep the nativity going.
The Alpine Living Nativity is a 100% volunteer organization and we couldn’t do it without the help of hundreds of volunteers each year! Please fill out the volunteer link on our home page and one of our directors will reach out to you shortly.
YES! Our animals are one of the highlights of the nativity experience. Each year may be different but you can always count on seeing…… sheep, camels, horses, donkeys, and cows. Special appearances have included: miniature goats, kangaroos, alpacas, pigs, llamas, baby cows, baby lambs, miniature pigs, bunnies, birds, swans, ducks. All of the animals are friendly to people, but please ask the individual animal handler by each enclosure before petting any animals. 🙂
We also have animas throughout the night that will be walking around on leashes. PLEASE do not approach an animal from behind or make loud scary noises as you are walking up to them.
We ask all parents to please keep an eye on your children and make sure that they are giving the proper respect to the animals that they deserve! Don’t feed them, don’t poke their eyes, don’t scream or make loud noises, only touch them with permission, and don’t grab or pull on their ears or tails. There are thousands of people that come through the nativity each night and it can create some stress for the animals. Even if you are used to animals or have your own, please be sensitive and listen to the animal handler. 🙂
The Alpine Living Nativity is a family-run organization. It was started by Alison Hayes Larsen and is still run by her immediate family, and the property is donated each year by Will Jones. Please read our story to learn a little bit more on how we got started!
After many years and careful consideration, we have come to the decision to not allow youth groups, unfortunately there have been too many mishaps over the years. If you have any other questions please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂
The Living Nativity takes place in the heart of Alpine, UT. Parking will be in the church parking lot at 890 N Heritage Hills Dr Alpine, UT 84004.